Monday, March 5, 2012

Gratitude = Addictive

When I began this week's challenge, I was pretty stoked. I love the idea of attention to gratitude, and it fits with my yoga practice and philosophy on life so well, I thought it would be fun. It certainly has been.

The most interesting effect of keeping track of things I'm grateful for? I find myself enjoying them more as they happen because I'll be adding them to the gratitude list at the end of the day. Recognizing the joys and sometimes sadnesses with presence and thanking them for their lesson is extremely - well - gratifying! Since part of the exercise was to share the list with a close friend or loved one at the end of the day, I've done that... but also want to share with you. I think it's pretty neat to be able to look back on your day and see it with the right kind of eyes.

Thursday
  1. Vodka
  2. Patience in the face of adversity
  3. Working with friends
  4. Freedom of expression
  5. Comfortable shoes
Friday
  1. The wisdom of the human body - and mine being perfect
  2. Friends that are tuned in to me
  3. Sunshine
  4. Teachers
  5. The color yellow
Saturday - I got a little carried away, but I figure gratitude isn't something you should do in moderation
  1. Albert Einstein
  2. Dark sky
  3. Freedom to be spontaneous
  4. Parallel universes
  5. Inspiration
  6. Moonlight
  7. Laughter
  8. Music
  9. Restroom buses
  10. Helical shapes
  11. The sensation of pain
  12. Still water and Bob Ross
  13. The right recipe of random
  14. Starfish
  15. My kidneys
Sunday
  1. Sleep
  2. Unflappable courage
  3. A great haircut
  4. Patience
  5. Beets

No comments:

Post a Comment