Thursday, March 8, 2012

Grateful

While I lack the energy to tell you about my findings in this week of gratitude, I'm simultaneously grateful for the energy to report progress, at least. I can tell you that I really enjoyed this challenge, it was something I did pretty well at, and while I think I have a lot to learn about being grateful... for the most part, I was satisfied with my attention to gratitude this week. I've had some very intense experiences over the last seven days, and that has allowed me to be grateful in the most intense ways. This could be a reason for my exhaustion. Allow me to share the remaining three days of my weeklong 'gratitude at the end of the day'. I think I might continue this one because it makes me so happy to do...

Monday
  1. The fact that shame is directly correlated to the difference between the shamer and the shamed.
  2. Full gratitude for life, living, being on this earth.
  3. My sense of smell
  4. My own companionship
  5. Crunchy food
Tuesday
  1. Time
  2. A decent view and a walk
  3. Medicine
  4. Organization at work
  5. Starfish
Wednesday
  1. Clarity
  2. Music
  3. Showers
  4. Pinot Noir
  5. Waking up happy
I value the differences in my days over the past week. I've had incredible ones, and really shitty ones. But the common theme this week has been that I am grateful for living them, sometimes as they happen. I like the fact that a positive attitude and one of grace (where that 'gratitude' word comes from) is something you can cultivate. Feed it energy and it grows.

This week, I pay attention to sounds. Noises the refrigerator makes, the sound of the rain today, the buzz of my monitor, my cats wrestling in the back of the house, the train across town, my body digesting food. I think I'll do pretty well at this one too, since I'm so sensitive to my ears. Here's to becoming even more acutely aware of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment