Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Return

We're now entering our final descent into Dallas/Ft. Worth, and all tray tables and seat backs are in their full upright and locked position. After a full day in Albuquerque, we timed our last leg of the drive so that we could catch the quadrantids meteor shower peak tonight from dark sky country, west of town. If you're up around 3-5am tonight, look to the north sky around the constellation Bootes. See this site for details: http://mashable.com/2012/01/03/quadrantids-meteor-shower/

Folks in the city will see fewer meteors due to light pollution, but those outside the bustle and hum should see up to 60 meteors an hour during the quads' sharp peak.

This is the last meteor shower until April, and the perfect finish to my walkabout. Expect a full recap, including details about my top-secret missions - soonish.


And happy birthday to someone special who is no longer with us... You're on my mind, as always. I know you've been on this trip with me like an angel on my shoulder. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment