Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Ears are Beautiful

I worry about the silliest things.

My father has always been self-conscious about his ears. They're perfectly reasonable ears, and don't stick out too far when he has his usual haircut, and I never would have given them a second thought until he told me that he didn't like them. He felt like Dumbo growing up.

I have what I feel to be abnormally small ears. Some might regard them as dainty or cute, but I feel like they are oddly small compared to my skull, and that they should be constantly covered in hair. Exposing them is uncomfortable because I feel like they make me look too elvish and pointy.

In the grand scheme of things, however, I'm sure they are very regular and 'normal'.

We can be so silly about our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment